Wave goodbye to restlessness with this researched blend of botanicals and 400mg of L-theanine shown to induce calming brain waves and naturally imrove sleep during times of stress.* Features evidence-based ingredients in a botanical alternative sleep blend, formulated to naturally downshift a racing mind to calming brain waves (1,2).* Alpha GABA PM uses proprietary whole lemon balm leaf extract, providing improved mechanism capability, as well as micro-encapsulated valerian root to improve the odors characteristic to this botanical.
L-Theanine: Amino acid that acts as a glutamate receptor antagonist (1).* L-theanine has been linked to the generation of alpha brain waves, indicating a state of relaxation (2).*
Melatonin: Hormone important for the regulation of the sleep-wake cycle (3).* Supplementation with melatonin has been shown to improve the onset of sleep (4).*
Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) root extract (Valerenic acids 0.8%) (Micro-encapsulated): Both in vitro and in vivo studies demonstrate valerian extracts modulate GABA-A receptors (5-8).* Micro-encapsulation reduces valerian root odors.
Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) leaf extract: Botanical shown to inhibit the enzyme GABA transaminase in vitro, which may increase levels of GABA
in the brain (9).* Utilizes proprietary extract extensively researched to reduce stress (10,11).
5-HTP (from Griffonia simplicifolia seed extract): 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) crosses the blood-brain barrier and is a precursor to serotonin and
melatonin. Serotonin is important for regulating mood and sleep-wake function (12).
Servings Per Container: 30
Take 1-2 capsules at bedtime or as directed by your healthcare provider. Do not exceed suggested use.
Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Amount Per Serving
L-theanine ... 400mg
Melatonin ... 3mg
Proprietary Blend ... 530mg
Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) root extract (Valerenic acids 0.8%), Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) leaf extract, 5-HTP (from Griffonia simplicifolia seed extract)
Other Ingredients: Vegetable capsule (Hypermellose, water), Maltodextrin, Rice concentrate, and Silica.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Kakuda T, et al. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2002;66(12):2683-86.
- Juneja L, et al. Trends Food Sci Tech. 1999;10:199-204.
- Pandi-Perumal S, et al. Prog Neurobiol. 2008;85(3):225-53.
- Kunz D and Mahlberg R. J Sleep Res. 2010;19(4):591-6.
- Benke D, et al. Neuropharmacology. 2009;56(1):174-81.
- Khom S, et al. Br J Pharmacol. 2010;161(1):65-78.
- Murphy K, et al. Phytomedicine. 2010;17:674-8.
- Becker A, et al. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2014;14:267.
- Awad R, et al. Phytother Res. 2009;23(8):1075-81.
- Cases J, et al. Med J Nutrition Metab. 2011;4(3):211-8.
- Ibarra A, et al. Phytomedicine. 2010;17(6):397-403.
- Monti J. Sleep Med Rev. 2011;15(4):269-81.