Contains a blend of ingredients shown to improve mood and reduce stress*
Taurine: Neuroprotective amino acid that provides antioxidant protection and demonstrates GABA-A agonist activity (1-3).* GABA is the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain important for calm and sleep (4-6).
L-theanine: Amino acid that acts as a glutamate receptor antagonist (7).* In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study, L-theanine was shown to significantly reduce stress (8).*
5-HTP (from Griffonia simplicifolia seed extract): 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) crosses the blood-brain barrier and is a precursor to serotonin and melatonin (9).* Serotonin is important for regulating mood and sleep-wake function (10). In a randomized, double-blind study, 5-HTP was shown to significantly improve mood (11).*
Vitamins B and C: Active forms of vitamin B6, folate, B12, and C are important for serotonin synthesis (12-16).*Servings Per Container: 30
Take 1-3 capsules one to two times daily or as directed by your healthcare provider.
Serving Size: 3 Capsules
Amount Per Serving
Vitamin C ... 40mg
(as ascorbic acid)
Vitamin B6 ... 9mg
(as pyridoxal 5-phosphate)
Folate ... 200mcg
(from (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid, glucosamine salt**)
Vitamin B12 ... 30mcg
Magnesium ... 50mg
(as magnesium bisglycinate chelate)
Zinc ... 10mg
(as zinc bisglycinate chelate)
Selenium ... 70mcg
Proprietary Blend ... 950mg
Taurine, L- theanine, and 5-hydroxytryptophan (from Griffonia simplicifolia seed extract)
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable capsule (hypromellose, water), rice concentrate and magnesium stearate (vegetable source)
**This product uses Gnosis S.p.As (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid, glucosamine salt (Quatrefolic®) and is protected by U.S. Patent No. 7, 947, 662. Quatrefolic is a registered trademark of Gnosis S.p.A., Milan, Italy.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Kumari N, et al. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2013;775:19-27.
- Shimada K, et al. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2015;803:581-96.
- Kletke O, et al. PLoS One. 2013;8(4):e61733.
- Gou Z, et al. Dongwuxue Yanjiu. 2012;33(E5-6):E75-81.
- Mohler H. Neuropharmacology. 2012;62(1):42-53.
- Saper C, et al. Nature. 2005;437(7063):1257-63.
- Kakuda T, et al. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2002;66(12):2683-2686.
- Kimura K, et al. Biol Psychol. 2007; 74(1):39-45.
- Shaw K, et al. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2002;(1):CD003198.
- Monti J. Sleep Med Rev. 2011;15(4):269-81.
- Jangid P, et al. Asian J Psychiatr. 2013;6(1):29-34.
- Dakshinamurti K, et al. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1990;585:128-44.
- Bottiglieri T. Psychiatr Clin North Am. 2013;36(1):1-13.